Burlington Personal Injury Attorneys

More than 100 Years of Combined Experience

  1. Home
  2.  » 
  3. Motor Vehicle Accidents
  4.  » Car Accident FAQ

What Should I Do After A Car Accident?

At Smith Magram Michaud Colonna, P.C., we have over 100 years of combined experience pursuing successful outcomes for clients with accident claims. It is vital that you be prepared following a car accident. Here are some commonly asked questions that may help you:

What Are The Most Common Car Accident Injuries?

Car accidents can result in an array of injuries that span the entire body and even the mind. Among the most common types are:

  • Soft tissue injuries like whiplash
  • Injuries to the head or chest
  • Broken ribs
  • Post-traumatic stress
  • Leg and arm injuries
  • Herniated disc

The list could go on. If you have experienced any of these, or other injuries, be sure you see a doctor and retain all medical records related to your accident.

How Much Is My Car Accident Worth?

The worth of your car accident will depend on many factors. Damage recovery for these injuries can include various losses. Not only your medical expenses but also in general pain and suffering compensation, as well as future pain and suffering, lost wages from missing work and other expenses that can be linked to your injury can be recovered.

How Long Do You Have To Go To The Doctor After An Accident?

The sooner you get to a doctor, the better. Not only will you stand a better chance at a good recovery, but the documentation of the injuries will potentially be more effective as you file your claim. A doctor will be able to accurately analyze your injuries, and this can make for a stronger case.

When Should I Contact A Lawyer After An Accident?

After you have sought medical attention and taken all necessary emergency precautions, then you should contact an attorney. It can take time to pursue claims or to document a case. Your lawyer should have as much information as you can provide them as soon as you can provide it. Never talk with an insurance company before speaking with an attorney.

Can I Receive Reimbursement For Lost Wages After An Accident?

You can. Whatever working hours you are unable to make up for with the paid-time-off benefits may be pursued in your accident injury claim.

What If The Person That Hit Me Doesn’t Have Insurance?

You will first look at your own insurance policy for uninsured motorist coverage (UM). If you have UM coverage, you will pursue the claim through your own insurance carrier. If you do not have UM coverage you can pursue the claim against the driver/owner of the vehicle that caused the collision and/or file a claim with the State of New Jersey.

Still Have Questions? Contact Our Office Now.

You can call us in Burlington at 609-589-0649 or email us with our online form to schedule a free consultation. We offer our services to Burlington and Camden counties and South Jersey.