Burlington Personal Injury Attorneys

More than 100 Years of Combined Experience

  1. Home
  2.  » 
  3. Motor Vehicle Accidents
  4.  » Accident Claims Against Public Entities

Auto Accident Claims Against Public Entities

Our Injury Attorneys Understand The Special Issues At Play

Contrary to popular belief, governmental bodies are not immune to lawsuits. You can sue a public entity if its employees or its practices contributed to your injuries in a car accident. However, there is a short window to file such claims and other legal complications.

Your best move is to hire an attorney who understands the unique considerations of injury claims against public entities. Smith Magram Michaud Colonna, P.C., has served Burlington County and South Jersey for 50 years, and obtained compensation on behalf of local citizens in successful government tort claims.

The clock is ticking. Don’t let your rights expire!
There is a short statute of limitations on claims against the government. Contact us today to preserve your claims and discuss your accident in a free consultation.

Personal Injury Claims Against The Government

There are many scenarios in which a government agency or public entity may be liable for a motor vehicle accident resulting in injury or death:

  • New Jersey Transit — Collisions with trains or buses or injuries while riding the bus or light rail
  • Highway department — Crashes involving New Jersey Department of Transportation (NJDOT) or county road maintenance vehicles
  • Law enforcement — Collisions with State Patrol, sheriff’s department or police vehicles
  • Government employees — Accidents involving other municipal, public utility, school district, county or state workers who were on duty at the time of the crash
  • Dangerous roads — Negligence on the part of NJDOT or county road crews in roadway design, construction detours or obstructed views

Perhaps your accident directly involved a government vehicle. Perhaps the entity’s negligence created the conditions for the accident or contributed to the severity of injuries. Our experienced personal injury lawyers will pursue all claims, including third-party actions, in pursuit of your full compensation.

We are familiar with the special issues in these claims. You must file notice of your claim within 90 days of the accident. Then there is a waiting period before you can file the actual lawsuit (if no settlement is reached). There are also specific rules for notifying the individuals and entities involved. You could forfeit your right to compensation if these procedures are not followed to the letter. Let us handle it for you.

Do You Have Grounds To Sue A Public Employee Or Entity?

We provide a free consultation, and we collect no attorney fees unless we win compensation for you. We take cases in Burlington, Camden and surrounding counties of New Jersey. Call 609-589-0649 toll free, and let us know if you would like us to come to your home or hospital.