Read Our Articles
- Tesla plant accident leaves three workers with serious burn injuries
Tesla Motors, a high end, innovative car manufacturer, recently experienced a serious accident in its Fremont, California plant. The accident occurred due to a failure in a low-pressure aluminum casting press. According a report by ABC News, this malfunction led the press to produce hot metal that injured nearby employees.
- More pedestrian accidents occur after end of daylight savings
As fall ends and the winter months begin, people across the U.S. set their clocks back to usher in the end of daylight savings time. It may not be something that most people would think about, but the end of daylight saving time often means a greater number of pedestrian accidents.
- Study finds increasing number of women driving drunk
When a motorist gets behind the wheel after consuming alcohol, he or she not only runs the risk of being arrested for driving under the influence, but also of causing a serious motor vehicle accident. According to a recent study, the number of women who are driving while under the influence of alcohol has been increasing in recent decades.
- Motorist awareness can make New Jersey roads friendlier to motorcycles
Motorcycles are popular modes of transportation for people who live in Burlington County and are commonly seen on the roads. However, New Jersey roads are not always friendly to motorcycles and their riders and motorcycle accidents are often serious, leaving bikers with severe injuries or resulting in the death of the rider.
- More Americans losing loved ones to car crashes as traffic deaths rise
For most of the last decade, the United States has made great strides in reducing deaths and injuries from car accidents. But, in May of 2013, the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration released an official estimate of last year’s motor vehicle death total, and it appears the United States has lost some momentum in terms of traffic safety.
- Red decals successful at reducing teen car accidents
Fortunately, a recent study by researchers from Temple University in Philadelphia reveals that the red decals that identify teen drivers in New Jersey make a positive impact on reducing car accidents involving young people. This means the program has helped make New Jersey’s roads safer for young people as well as other drivers.
- Essential steps to take after a car accident in New Jersey
New Jersey residents know how traumatic a car accident can be. The scene of an accident is often emotional with worry about potential serious injuries. There are several necessary steps a car accident victim should take after a car accident occurs.
- Safety advocates recognize the problem of distracted driving in April
Did you know that this month is “Distracted Driving Awareness Month?” Recent numbers from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration suggest that driving while distracted is a major culprit on U.S. roads. The practice, according to the safety agency, led to over 3,000 fatalities and 387,000 injuries in 2011.
- Loose tire accidents more common than people think
Many people in New Jersey may not realize it, but car accidents caused by loose tires may be more common than they think.
- Poor dental hygiene could be a sign of nursing home abuse and neglect
Many nursing home residents suffer from cavities, tooth pain and other oral health problems because they do not receive adequate care.
- New Jersey’s risk of drunk driving during the holidays
People who live in Burlington, New Jersey and surrounding areas should get the facts about the risk of drunk driving accidents, especially over the holidays.
- Will suspended FMCSA rest regulations result in more truck accidents?
Congress has suspended FMCSA rules regulating overnight rest periods and limiting hours worked for truckers, which could lead to more truck accidents.
- Beware all manner of distractions behind the wheel
Though texting may get the most attention, any kind of distractions behind the wheel can cause car accidents and injuries or deaths.
- Paid silence in medical malpractice settlements
Non-disclosure provisions are often included in final settlements for medical malpractice cases.
- Serious brain injuries often an aftermath of car accidents
No one understands the impact of a traumatic brain injury (TBI) as fully as a victim and his or her close family members do. Regardless of the severity or type of traumatic brain injury you have suffered, attorneys at Smith Magram Michaud Colonna, P.C., consider you the most important expert in your case. For this reason, we will take the necessary time and effort to get to know you and your family if we represent you after a car accident, fall accident or other accident.
- New NHTSA rule may help prevent commercial vehicle rollover crashes
The required use of electronic stability control in qualifying buses and large trucks may prevent thousands of crashes and hundreds of injuries per year.
- Increase of freight tonnage could mean more truck accidents in NJ
The number of tractor trailers on U.S. roadways is expected to increase, which may cause a rise in large truck accidents, deaths and injuries.
- New Jersey one of the highest in nation for dog bite claims
Dog bites injure more than a million people each year, and some people are killed. Pet owners may be liable for damages after a dog attack.