Burlington Personal Injury Attorneys

More than 100 Years of Combined Experience

  1. Home
  2.  » 
  3. Motor Vehicle Accidents
  4.  » Car Accidents

Experienced Burlington Car Accident Victim Attorneys Serving New Jersey

If another motorist’s negligence caused a car crash that seriously injured you or ended the life of a loved one, leaving you to struggle with physical pain, emotional devastation, lost wages from time off the job, mounting medical bills and motor vehicle replacement expenses — a skilled, compassionate personal injury attorney can protect your rights and give you the strength to go on.

We are the local Burlington lawyers who solve local problems with proven legal skills, keen client commitment, more than 100 years of combined experience and the attentive personal service you deserve. We are Smith Magram Michaud Colonna, P.C.

Our client-committed law firm has won millions of dollars in settlements and at trial for a broad range of car accident victims, drivers and passengers alike. We have successfully handled hundreds of personal injury claims for car crash victims just like you. We thoroughly investigate all details of your accident, pinpoint the responsible party, use the facts of your case to negotiate with insurers and aggressively protect your rights in a courtroom if necessary.

Right now you may think that your car accident injuries are minor. These injuries may not manifest themselves for weeks, months, even years. At Smith Magram Michaud Colonna, P.C., your so-called “minor accident” is a major priority to us.

Contact us to learn more about our dedication to achieving the maximum financial compensation you deserve. To benefit from our large law firm experience and small law firm personal service, starting today, call toll free for a free initial consultation: 609-589-0649.

Protecting the Rights of Car Accident Injury Victims Since 1965

Our team of experienced personal injury lawyers provides quality representation for victims of motor vehicle accidents such as:

To eliminate any concerns you might have about the cost of our representation while you recover from your serious car accident, our law offices operate strictly on a contingency fee basis. You owe no attorney fee unless we win your case at trial or negotiate a settlement damage award that meets with your approval. This means you have absolutely nothing to lose and everything to gain by speaking with one of our Smith Magram Michaud Colonna, P.C. attorneys.

Frequently Asked Questions about Car Accidents

How Do I Know If There Was A Liabile Party In My Car Accident?

The days and weeks that follow a catastrophic car accident will be a blur. You’ll hardly know which way is up, let alone be able to navigate the legal complications that come in the wake of your injuries.

However, these legal issues will need to be dealt with. If you’re struggling with injuries caused by someone else’s negligence, you might want to look into the possibility of pursuing a personal injury claim.

Factual scenarios that can point to liability after a car crash

Here are the types of facts you’ll want to look for to determine whether you have a potential claim for damages after a car crash:

  • A duty of care existed between the two parties. In other words, the negligent party had a duty to be reasonably careful to prevent harm to the injured party.
  • Through negligence, recklessness or wrongful behavior, the at-fault party violated his or her duty of care to the injured party.
  • The negligence or wrongful behavior committed by the at-fault party caused the injured party to get hurt.
  • The at-fault party was carrying out his or her job duties at the time of the accident. In this case, the employer may also be a liable party in the action.

Could more parties be at fault and liable for my injuries?

Generally speaking, the more defendants that a plaintiff can name in his or her car accident lawsuit, the more sufficient financial capital may exist to pay the plaintiff in the event that there is a favorable settlement.

What Are The Most Common Car Accident Injuries?

Car accidents can result in an array of injuries that span the entire body and even the mind. Among the most common types are:

  • Soft tissue injuries like whiplash
  • Injuries to the head or chest
  • Broken ribs
  • Post-traumatic stress
  • Leg and arm injuries
  • Herniated disc

The list could go on. If you have experienced any of these, or other injuries, be sure you see a doctor and retain all medical records related to your accident.

How Much Is My Car Accident Worth?

The worth of your car accident will depend on many factors. Damage recovery for these injuries can include various losses. Not only your medical expenses but also in general pain and suffering compensation, as well as future pain and suffering, lost wages from missing work and other expenses that can be linked to your injury can be recovered.

How Long Do You Have To Go To The Doctor After An Accident?

The sooner you get to a doctor, the better. Not only will you stand a better chance at a good recovery, but the documentation of the injuries will potentially be more effective as you file your claim. A doctor will be able to accurately analyze your injuries, and this can make for a stronger case.

When Should I Contact A Lawyer After An Accident?

After you have sought medical attention and taken all necessary emergency precautions, then you should contact an attorney. It can take time to pursue claims or to document a case. Your lawyer should have as much information as you can provide them as soon as you can provide it. Never talk with an insurance company before speaking with an attorney.

Can I Receive Reimbursement For Lost Wages After An Accident?

You can. Whatever working hours you are unable to make up for with the paid-time-off benefits may be pursued in your accident injury claim.

What If The Person That Hit Me Doesn’t Have Insurance?

You will first look at your own insurance policy for uninsured motorist coverage (UM). If you have UM coverage, you will pursue the claim through your own insurance carrier. If you do not have UM coverage you can pursue the claim against the driver/owner of the vehicle that caused the collision and/or file a claim with the State of New Jersey.