Nursing Injury Lawyers
From infectious diseases to hostile patients, nurses face the risk of serious illness or injury every day they come to work.
At Smith Magram Michaud Colonna, P.C., in Burlington, New Jersey, our lawyers represent nurses and other health care workers who are injured on the job. We also file personal injury claims for health professionals under our civil justice program when allowed under New Jersey law. We offer a free initial consultation to discuss your case.
What Are My Legal Options If I Am Injured At Work?
If you are injured on the job, you are entitled to benefits from workers’ compensation regardless of who was at fault. Those benefits include free medical care and temporary disability benefits. You are entitled to additional compensation if you have suffered a permanent impairment from your injury.
The following are examples of nurse injuries that are covered by workers’ compensation:
- Back injuries from falls or lifting heavy patients
- Repetitive stress injuries
- Infectious diseases from contact with sick patients
- Injuries from exposure to toxic substances
Workers’ compensation may not be your only source of recovery. If you are injured due to the wrongful or negligent actions of another, you may have the right to sue. While employers are generally protected from being sued by employees for work-related injuries, other parties may not be. The following are examples of times when you may be able to sue the party who injured you:
- You were attacked by a patient
- You were injured by a defective product
- You were injured by a contractor or vendor who does not work for your employer
- You were injured in a work-related auto accident
Our lawyers will carefully evaluate your case and determine if other parties may be liable for your injury. Then, we will seek the maximum compensation from all sources.